Do you have questions?
European Measuring Instruments Directive
What is the MID?
The European Measuring Instruments Directive (MID) 2014/32 / EU specifies the requirements for 10 styles of measurement instruments that are used in custody transfer.
In the MID there are the requirements for the manufacturer, the manufacturing techniques and the device itself- aimed to ensure a safe measurement.
What is the MID made of?
The MID has three groups of general requirements:
- Legal principles (27 articles)
- Basic requirements
- Description of the conformity modules
Which measuring instruments are affected?
Ten types of application are identified as in the list below: this presentation will only discuss MI-005
- MI-001 Water meter
- MI-002 Gas meter and volume corrector
- MI-003 Electricity meter for active consumption
- MI-004 Heat meter
- MI-005 Measurement equipment for the continuous and dynamic measurement of quantities of liquids other than water
- MI-006 Automatic balances
- MI-008 Measurement standards
- MI-009 Devices for measuring lengths and their combinations
- MI-010 Exhaust analyzers